Thursday, March 25, 2010

Book #18: "Little Bee" by Chris Cleave


It took more than 100 pages (of 271 total) before I finally got the answer to the question I had been asking from the beginning, What happened on that Nigerian beach? and I wish there were at least 100 more pages to tell me more.

Once I realized the secret that the author, Chris Cleave, kept hidden inside Little Bee, and the hand of Sarah, I understood their connection. Now, however, I'm left asking what happened next? 

I read this book as part of an online community, in two sections for discussions. The first half: amazing. The second: I'm disappointed the story ended. I wanted it to keep going. I want to know more. What happens to Little Bee? What happens to Sarah and Charlie? Sarah's relationship with Lawrence? Sarah's job?

Please tell me more, Mr. Cleave!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment