Saturday, February 6, 2010

Salmon Patties

What a long, very exhausting day. Sitting in a truck for hours wears me out, but thank goodness for books.

Kevin and I left our home in Joshua this morning pulling a trailer to Sulphur Springs, approximately 150 miles east of Fort Worth. We stopped in Rockwall for diesel and a quick lunch, sold the trailer, and drove to Kevin's parent's house near Emory. We visited with them for a couple of hours before loading boxes with 250 lbs of frozen beef into the bed of the truck - - - Kevin's family has always raised their own steers for processing, and I must admit that the quality is second to none. I'm spoiled on this beef!!!!!!

When we finally got home tonight (about 8:00), we were starving. While Kevin fed the horses and unloaded the truck, I put a pizza in the oven for him and started making salmon patties for me. I should have done something quicker, but my options were limited - I had no lunch meat, no ingredients for a salad, and a PB&J just wasn't going to silence my growling stomach. I would have taken a picture of my salmon creation, but I was too hungry. I'll fix these again soon, I promise pictures next time.

SALMON PATTIES
2 cans (6 oz. each) pink salmon (skinless, boneless)
2 eggs
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup crushed saltine crackers
1 Tbsp. minced onion
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup Louisianna Fish Fry season mix
Non-stick cooking spray

Preheat oven to 400*.

Drain salmon. In medium bowl, mix eggs, onions, salt and pepper. Add salmon and cracker crumbs, blend well. In seperate bowl or plate, add fish fry mix. Divide salmon mixture into quarters. Roll mixture into a patty and coat with fish fry mix. Place patties on greased cookie sheet; bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown, turning once.

Makes 4 large patties.

No comments:

Post a Comment